Centre For green Initiatives
Green represents fertility and harmony with nature. To promote eco-friendliness, the objectives of Center for Green Initiatives at SRCC are:
- To recognize the importance and need for eco-friendliness.
- To identify the key ecological areas touching upon campus life and surroundings; related issues, challenges and developing ways and means to address them at the college level.
- To develop a campus-wide culture of eco-friendliness and conservation by sensitizing the youth.
- To minimize and manage the waste of different types
- To tap rain water for reuse and recharging water level
- To develop and implement the concept of recycling
- To harness solar energy
The functions of the Green Initiatives Cell are as follows
- Undertaking extensive research and surveys on various environmental issues prevalent in the society, understanding causes, possible impact and remedial measures.
- Conducting seminars, workshops and organising campaigns, sensitising people about environmental issues pertaining the society.
- Tapping the CSR initiatives of various corporates, social venture funds and other potential platforms for funding.
- Initiating and facilitating collaboration with various organisations working extensively in various fields such as waste management, water conservation etc.
- Setting up machinery (example: Solar Panels, Water Harvesting Plants, Composting pits etc.) to maximise positive impact on the environment.
The committee shall be constituted with the following staff members and students:
|Dr. Rachna Jawa
|Dr. Nawang Gialchhen
||Member Co-convener(Energy & Water Conservation Cell)
|Dr. Kanu Jain
||Member Co-convener(Waste management Cell)
|Ms. Vartika Khandelwal
||Member Co-convener(Botanical Cell)
|Mr. Harish Kumar
|Ms. Richa Goel
|Mr. P.K. Jain
|Mr. Jatin Lamba
|Mr. Shiv Nandan
|Mr. S.K. Gupta