The College has set up the Centre for Community Engagement (CCE) to engage proactively with the communities on major development issues:
1. To strengthen and expand communication and partnership with government agencies, private sector enterprises, civil society organisations, professional bodies and academic networks.
2. To expand staff and student community outreach.
3. To strengthen and expand professional and continuing community education and training across the globe.
The Centre has launched Financial Education Programme to promote financial literacy (knowledge and skills to manage financial resources and services effectively) amongst students and sections of society such as slum-dwellers, rural community, industrial workers and unorganised labour force.
The programme is multi-faceted involving training of trainers, peer-counselling, developing interactive apps and events to promote financial education with respect to:
1. Basics of Financial Planning
2. Channelising of savings
4. Managing credits and students’ loan
5. Banking and Insurance services
6. Opening and operating of bank accounts
7. Government schemes relating to savings, insurance, etc.
Centre Coordinator is Dr Anil Kumar.