|Shri Ram Memorial Girls Hostel|
The Shri Ram Memorial Girls' Hostel (SRMGH), established in 1994, is located within the College campus and is an integral part of the College.
Shri Ram Memorial Girls’ Hostel aims to provide convenient and comfortable stay for the outstation female students. The Girls’ hostel also fulfills the vital objective of ensuring safety of its female residents.
|Governance of Shri Ram Memorial Girls' Hostel|
The hostel affairs are co-ordinated under the guidance and supervision of the resident Warden. The warden is assisted by Girls hostel students’ union. The hostel committee under the chairmanship of the Principal, Shri Ram College of Commerce frames the rules and regulations of the hostel and is the final authority in matters concerning the hostel.
|Accommodation and Infrastructure at Shri Ram Memorial Girls' Hostel|
1. There are fifty three (53) seats available across the courses and semesters.
2. Seats are distributed appropriately among different courses and semesters.
3. Reservations in accommodation to reserved categories as approved by the University of Delhi are followed. However, the OBC candidates are treated as general candidates for the purpose of hostel accommodation as per norms of the University.
The Hostel has twenty seven (27) furnished rooms. The rooms are allotted on sharing basis among two residents. Cleaning is done on daily basis by the house keeping staff. The washrooms are separate from the rooms within the hostel.
The hostel has a separate mess where residents can take their meals. The mess is fully air-conditioned. It is managed by the residents under the supervision of the Warden and operated on cost basis. Wholesome meals are served to the residents in the mess. The menu is decided by the residents’ council. The mess is operated thrice a day – at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
For the recreation of residents the hostel has a fully air-conditioned common room. News-papers and magazines are provided in the Common Room. Carom-board, Chess and Table Tennis facilities are also available to the residents in the Common Room. A large wall mounted LCD Television with a modest home theater is also in place.
There is a small garden within the hostel compound.
Hostel residents are provided with Wi-Fi facility. User id and password are issued by the IT center of the College. Internet is available round the clock.
The college has in-campus outsourced laundry services for the residents. The residents at their choice can avail the in-campus laundry services.
|Admissions to Shri Ram Memorial Girls' Hostel|
For complete & updated details, the Hostel Prospectus for the concerned year should be referred.
|Rules, Regulations and Charges of SRMGH|
|Hostel Rules and Regulations|
The residents of the Shri Ram Memorial Girls Hostel are expected to follow the below Hostel rules and regulations to ensure a qualitative stay:
A. General Hostel Code of Conduct
1. Staying away from hostel without prior intimation or approval, valid reason or authorization is a serious breach of Hostel Discipline. Resident who stay away for a month or more without permission will be liable to lose the Hostel seat and may not be considered for admission in the hostel even in the following year(s).
2. Students are expected to appreciate the time and money spent in the maintenance of the lawns and garden. Misuse of the lawns such as causing damage to plants and trees and littering will invite disciplinary action
3. Residents must maintain proper decorum in the hostel. They should behave properly with the staff and their fellow residents. Residents are expected to dress in an appropriate manner while visiting the dining hail, visitors’ room and other common spaces in the hostel or college.
4. Severe disciplinary action will be taken against students who break rules or abet other students in breaking the rules or in breaking the rules or in undermining the discippne of the hostel.
5. Defacing walls, doors, corridors and cupboards by writing, painting or pasting posters, notes etc. with glue/ tape / tape / nails etc. is not allowed. Any violation, whatever the extent, will lead severe disciplinary action.
6. Residents are advised not to bring jewelry/ valuables or keep large sums of money in their rooms. Hostel authorities will not be responsible for any loss.
7. No resident can engage any person for service of any kind.
8. Residents must be present on the first and last day of every term.
9. There is a zero tolerance policy for smoking, consuming liquor and drugs. Residents are not allowed to gamble, to consume intoxicants (narcotics, alcoholic beverages, smoking etc.), nor are they allowed to have possession of them in the hostel premises and violation of this rule shall lead to immediate expulsion.
10. Roll call will be taken at 7.00 p.m. daily and all residents should be present unless prior leave has been taken. No resident must leave the hostel after the roll call. Violation of this rule could lead to expulsion.
11. The permission of the Principal / Warden must be obtained for taking part in any cultural / sports events outside college, resident students are not to take any type of work or course without specific prior permission of the warden.
12. Each resident should report back in the hostel before hostel timings, as notified by the hostel authority. While going out of campus, proper entries have to be made in Out-Campus register.
13. Residents going out of the hostel but within the campus like classes, computer labs and pbrary after the specified hostel times have to make proper entries in In-Campus register, after seeking permission from the Warden. The entries should be made with proper details including the contact number of the lab./ department.
14. Performance of residents admitted on the basis of sports will be monitored periodically. They are liable to lose their hostel seat if their performance is not satisfactory.
B. Entry and Exit Regulations
1. Hostel security guards posted at the two gates of the Girls Hostel have the right to ask for the identity proof of visitors, guests and residents of the Hostel.
2. Security guards have the right to search bags and belongings being taken in or out of the Hostel by residents, staff, guests and all other visitors, or to refuse entry to visitors and guests. Any intimidation of the guards shall be treated as a serious offence.
3. The students must vacate the hostel within two days of the last day of the semester examinations.
C. Leave Regulations
Residents may avail of the following types of leave:
1. All types of leave sought for the weekdays have to be applied for at least 24 hours in advance, leave for weekends (Saturday & Sunday) must be applied on Friday (Hostel office timings) in prescribed proforma. Residents can proceed on leave only after ensuring that leave is duly sanctioned by the Warden. Prior letter of request is to be furnished from LG/ Parent in case of Late Night Leave/Home leave / leave for Special purposes / University vacations.
2. Residents are required to sign in the appropriate register (LG leave/Home leave) before proceeding on any kind of leave and on their return. Any resident found leaving or entering the hostel without signing the register is pable for discippnary action.
3. Each student will be issued a leave booklet for sanction of all kinds of leave. A sum of Rs.100/- will be charged for the loss of the leave booklet.
4. Every leave applied for and sanctioned has to be entered in the leave booklet signed by Parent/LG and countersigned by the Warden.
5. Resident students found forging signatures of parents/LG/ fellow students will be expelled from the hostel.
|Hostel Mess Rules and Regulations|
The Hostel Mess is managed by the residents themselves. A resident is expected to come for meals in the dining hall properly attired. Mess remains non-functional during autumn and winter breaks and the summer vacation. Wholesome meals are served as per the following meal timings:
Hostel Residents are required to pay Annual Charges and Security Amount at the time of admission to Hostel. In addition, they are also required to pay Monthly charges comprising of Electricity Bill, Water Charges and Mess Bill every month on actual basis after the admission.
For complete & updated details on Hostel Charges Hostel Prospectus for concerned year should be referred.
Withdrawal Rules and Refund of Charges
The residents are at liberty to withdraw their admission from the hostel at any time. The following rule shall be applicable for settlement of account and refund of charges & security on withdrawal of admission from the Hostel:
1. If room is vacated upto August 31 of the year of admission Rs.5,000/- shall be deducted from the Annual Charges paid by the resident. In case room is vacated after August 31, Annual Charges shall not be refunded.
2. Mess charges will be recovered on actual basis.
3. Actual electricity and water charges for the month will be recovered irrespective of the date of vacation of room.